To open the folder where the log files are stored, click Locate Log Files. By default, log files are located in: C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\Shared Client\Log
C:\ProgramData\Red Gate\Shared Client\Log
- Click 'cancel' on the error popup window
- Left click on the Redgate icon at the top left of the main installer window title bar
- Choose 'Open temporary file folders'
- Zip and send us the log files
Turning on DEBUG logging for the Redgate Client
If you are using version 8.6.0 or later of the Redgate Client Service:
1. Visit the http://localhost:22221/redgate/status page
2. Choose 'Licensing settings'
3. Tick 'Enable debug logging'
4. Reproduce your issue before returning to the Redgate Client status page and choose 'Download internal status report'
If you are using an earlier version of the Redgate Client and you are unable to upgrade, to enable debug logging, start notepad with administrative privileges and edit:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Red Gate\Shared Client\RedGate.Client.Service.exe.config
Change ‘Information’ to ‘Debug’ in <add key="serilog:minimum-level" value="Information" />
Restart the Redgate Client Service. Open your Services console (Control Panel > Admin Tools > Services), locate Redgate Client in the list of services, right-click, and choose Start or Restart.