SQL Monitor collects and analyses a wide range of metric and alert data from the machines, instances, and databases that it monitors, from a variety of sources. This section covers problems with collecting, or incorrect reporting of metrics, plus questions around alert settings, alert configuration, and notifications.
- SQL Monitor Disk Space Metrics are Incorrect
- SQL Monitor shows negative CPU usage under Metrics
- XP_ReadErrorlog in SQL Monitor
- How to see current customized alert settings in SQL Monitor
- Adding Alerts to the Maintenance Window exclusion list in SQL Monitor
- Integrating alerts from SQL Monitor into other systems
- Metrics, alerts, and notifications
The section of the SQL Monitor documentation that covers everything you need to know about how SQL Monitor's metrics and alerts work, and how to configure them.
- Introduction to Configuring Metrics and Alerts
Video tutorials on the Redgate.com Hub giving a basic introduction to how metrics and alerts work in SQL Monitor and how to start setting them up.