After upgrading an existing installation of SSMS 2014 or older to a newer version such as SSMS 2016 or higher, the Redgate plug-ins can sometimes go missing.
A common reason for this could be that the the 'SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1', a package that our SSMS plug-ins use to integrate into SSMS 2014 and earlier, can become corrupted.
To resolve this issue, please follow the same steps outlined in the article below:
- Close any running instance of SSMS
- From Programs and Features, if there is still a program installed called "SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1", uninstall this (note: you may also have a "SSMS Integration Pack 1" installed, which should remain installed)
- Delete the folder c:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SIPFw if it still exists
- Reinstall or repair SQL Source Control/SQL Doc/SQL Search/SQL Test/Dependency Tracker/SQL Data Generator [(either option should repopulate c:\ProgramData\Red Gate\SIPFw with a new file.]
- Launch SSMS to check if the error still occurs
These articles may also help: